Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Leviticus 5 - Standing for Truth

If a person sins because he does not speak up when he hears a public charge to testify regarding something he has seen or learned about he will be held responsible. Lev. 5:1

This chapter continues the theme of being responsible for what you know. The first verse addresses the sin of omission. If we know the truth and do not speak up, we are responsible. We can apply this to our work, our home, among neighbors - wherever we interact with people. We cannot just look the other way; we must speak up. 

Since our nation is a democracy, we must stand for truth as Christians and take a stand against laws that are unjust. We have a freedom here that many nations do not enjoy and not only should we exercise that freedom, we are guilty if we do not. 

Finally, and most importantly, I think of the many people I know who are not people of faith. Coworkers, neighbors, friends, family - will I be able to stand before The Lord and explain away the fact that I knew the future judgment they would face and did nothing to point them to the Hope of salvation from that judgment?  Will I be the one to deny them the joy of fellowship in the Spirit and of life abundant?   I am ashamed of the many times I have not lived my faith and just as importantly the many opportunities I have had to speak of the gospel and did not. I am responsible. 

We are people of the truth and we serve the Way, the Truth and the Life. We must not hold that truth in. Speak it out so the world can know. We also live in a world that has been deceived by Satan and honestly prefers the lie to the truth. We may earn for ourselves some foes in speaking out, once people are exposed to the truth they have an opportunity they never had before to turn from the lie and to enjoy communion with God himself. 

I pray that I will be a bold witness for my Lord and I pray you will be too. 

May God richly bless you as you seek Him and as you seve Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment